Join The Team
This role will be instrumental in helping clients sort items for packing, re-homing or discarding. They may also be asked to assist with Estate Sale set up and execution, staging for home sales, and moving clients from one home to another.
While every job is different, it is common to spend shifts helping a senior decide what items to take to their new community and packing those items. From there, you may be talking about how to re-home items, considering sales, Marketplace or donations as good options. On moving day, associates help to manage the move by supporting the moving company, directing placement of items, and then unpacking boxes to create a home environment as similar as the one our clients have just left. Downsizing jobs will be a series of helping a senior or family work through each room, picking out the items of value or importance, and re-homing the balance.
The right candidate will be a compassionate listener, an efficient worker, and someone who presents in a professional and kind manner. We work to the schedule that best supports our clients so breaks and time off are not predictable.
A Care Crew Associate will have:
- Good listening skills
- Empathy and compassion
- A team mentality and can take direction well
- Respect for all clients and how they live
- Strength to move boxes and smaller furniture items
- Willingness to operate with a flexible work schedule
- Appreciation for helping others
Nice to have:
- Packing skills with a focus on zero breakage
- Able to measure items and suggest placement in new home
- Home Electronic set up abilities
- Sorting and organizing acumen
Changing Places, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.